Monday, June 20, 2011

Life out of Balance? What is your self-care priority?

My friend's mom recently said that life doesn't have ups and downs. Life is ups and downs. 


How do we learn to roll fluidly with them, even with grace? 


Self-care needs to be a priority. How have you taken care of yourself today?


Budhha said- ‎"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."


I've been noticing myself getting out of balance lately. I was wondering why. I have been doing my yoga and kirtan daily. What was missing? The invigoration I felt this weekend was just the answer. Talking with people living an inspired life, fire play and dancing, being in nature were exactly what I was needing to fuel my spirits. 


Here's a great video by Sierra Sullivan of lifestylized.com talking about this. I always appreciate seeing other people learning the same lessons as I. It brings about a feeling of a wider community. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6JX9G-RbRQ&feature=player_embedded#at=317


How do you take care of yourself and rejuvenate?

No comments:

Post a Comment